Medtronic MiniMed TM 770G Insulin Pump System
The MiniMed TM 770G System adapts to your unique needs.
- SmartGuard Auto Mode is self-adjusting technology*^ that continuously optimizes insulin delivery every five minutes based on CGM or sensor glucose readings, helping prevent highs and lows.
- MiniMed TM Mobile app shows insulin delivery and sugar trends on compatible smartphones and provides high and low glucose alerts, as well as other system alerts (low reservoir, low battery, etc.). (iOS and Android TM versions available)
- CareLink TM Connect app makes it easy to share data with up to five care partners. (iOS and Android TM versions available)
- Guardian TM Sensor 3 and Guardian Link 3 transmitter (transmits data to a compatible pump via wireless technology)
- To reduce lows during activities, the user can temporarily change the glucose target to deliver less insulin when needed.
- Roche« Accu-Chek« Guide Link blood glucose meter sends test results wirelessly to the pump for quick sensor calibration.
- The system is enabled for future software updates, when available.
CCS Medical offers Accu-Chek« Guide test strips to use with the Medtronic MiniMed 770G System.
*Refers to SmartGuard TM Auto Mode. Some user interaction required. Individual results may vary.
Android TM is a trademark of Google LLC.
Medtronic MiniMed TM 770G Insulin Pump System
Insulin Pump Specs:
- Memory: 90 days
- Use with Water: Immersion for 24-hours at a depth of up to 12 ft.
- Size: 2.1" x 3.78" x 0.96"
- Weight: 3 ounces
- Battery: One AA lithium battery (AA alkaline battery acceptable or a fully charged AA NiMH rechargeable battery)
- Backlight: Yes, backlight time out 15 seconds, 30 seconds, one minute, and three minutes
- Screen Display: Color screen with auto-brightness
- Available Colors: Black
- Basal Rate Minimum Start: 0.025 units (up to 35 units)
- Total Basal Rates/Profiles: 8 basal patterns
- Temporary Basal Rate: Yes (8 preset temp basal rates)
- Minimum Bolus Increments: 0.025 units
- Reservoir Capacity: 300 units
- Data Management: MiniMed TM Mobile app and CareLink Connect app (iOS and Android TM versions available)
- Compatibility: Check the Medtronic website for software support.
- Sensor Life: 7 days
- Angle of Sensor Insertion: 90 degrees, with one-press serter
- Sensor Gauge: 27
- Receiver: Displays on the pump (no separate receiver) AND through the use of the Mobile app
- Displays Directional Trends: Yes
- Displays Glucose Numbers: Yes, every 5 minutes
- Approved Age Range: 2 years and older (arm indication approved for ages 14 and over, buttock indication for ages 2-13)
- Customizable Alarms for High & Low Settings: Yes
- Range of Receiver to Transmitter: 6 ft.
- Transmitter Batteries: Rechargeable (transmitter needs to be recharged every 7 days)
- Transmitter Size: <1" in diameter
- Water Resistant Sensor and Transmitter: Yes, 8 ft. for 30 minutes (Pump is waterproof to a depth of up to 12 ft. for up to 24 hours.)
- Download Capability: Mac/Windows (through the insulin pump)
^Do not use the SmartGuard Auto Mode for people who require less than 8 units or more than 250 units of total daily insulin per day. A total daily dose of at least 8 units, but no more than 250 units, is required to operate in SmartGuard Auto Mode.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: MINIMED TM 770G SYSTEM WITH SMARTGUARD TM TECHNOLOGY
The MiniMed TM 770G system is intended for continuous delivery of basal insulin (at user selectable rates) and administration of insulin boluses (in user selectable amounts) for the management of type 1 diabetes mellitus in persons two years of age and older requiring insulin as well as for the continuous monitoring and trending of glucose levels in the fluid under the skin. The MiniMed TM 770G System includes SmartGuard TM technology, which can be programmed to automatically adjust delivery of basal insulin based on continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) sensor glucose values (SG) and can suspend delivery of insulin when the SG value falls below or is predicted to fall below predefined threshold values.
The Medtronic MiniMed TM 770G System consists of the following devices: MiniMed TM 770G Insulin Pump, the Guardian TM Link (3) Transmitter, the Guardian TM Sensor (3), one-press serter, the Accu-Chek« Guide Link blood glucose meter, and the Accu-Chek« Guide Test Strips. The system requires a prescription. The Guardian TM Sensor (3) has not been evaluated and is not intended to be used directly for making therapy adjustments, but rather to provide an indication of when a fingerstick may be required. All therapy adjustments should be based on measurements obtained using a blood glucose meter and not on values provided by the Guardian TM Sensor (3).
All therapy adjustments should be based on measurements obtained using the Accu-Chek« Guide Link blood glucose meter and not on values provided by the Guardian TM Sensor (3). Always check the pump display to ensure the glucose result shown agrees with the glucose results shown on the Accu-Chek« Guide Link blood glucose meter. Do not calibrate your CGM device or calculate a bolus using a blood glucose meter result taken from an alternative site. It is not recommended to calibrate your CGM device when sensor or blood glucose values are changing rapidly, e.g., following a meal or physical exercise.
WARNING: Do not use the MiniMed TM 770G system until appropriate training has been received from a healthcare professional. Training is essential to ensure the safe use of the MiniMed TM 770G system.
Pump therapy is not recommended for people whose vision or hearing does not allow recognition of pump signals and alarms. Pump therapy is not recommended for people who are unwilling or unable to maintain contact with their healthcare professional. The safety of the MiniMed TM 770G system has not been studied in pregnant women. For complete details of the system, including product and important safety information such as indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions associated with the system and its components, please consult http://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/important-safety- information#minimed-770g and the appropriate user guide at http://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/download-library.
Guardian TM Link (3) Transmitter
The Guardian TM Link (3) Transmitter is intended for use with MiniMed TM 770G System. The Guardian TM Link (3) Transmitter powers the glucose sensor, collects and calculates sensor data, and wirelessly sends the data to the MiniMed TM 770G insulin pump. The Transmitter is intended for single-patient multi-use.
Accu-Chek« Guide Link Blood Glucose Monitoring System
The Accu-Chek« Guide Link Blood Glucose Monitoring System is comprised of the Accu-Chek« Guide Link meter and the Accu-Chek« Guide test strips. The Accu-Chek« Guide Link Blood Glucose Monitoring System is intended to quantitatively measure glucose in fresh capillary whole blood from the fingertip, palm, and upper arm as an aid in monitoring the effectiveness of glucose control. The Accu-Chek« Guide Link Blood Glucose Monitoring System is intended for in vitro diagnostic single-patient use by people with diabetes. The Accu-Chek« Guide Link Blood Glucose Monitoring System is intended to be used by a single person and should not be shared. This system is not for use in diagnosing or screening for diabetes mellitus and not for neonatal use. Alternative site testing should be done only during steady-state times (when glucose is not changing rapidly). The Accu-Chek« Guide Link Blood Glucose Monitoring System is intended to be used to wirelessly transmit glucose values to the MiniMed 770G system with Bluetooth wireless technology through the use of Bluetooth low energy communication.
US-IPT-210033 14Jan2021 ę 2021 Medtronic. All rights reserved. Medtronic, Medtronic logo and Further, Together are trademarks of Medtronic. All other brands are trademarks of a Medtronic company.