Tricep Dips Exercise
Strengthens muscles in back of upper arm.
- Sit in chair with armrests.
- Lean slightly forward, keep your back and shoulders straight.
- Grasp arms of chair. Your hands should be level with trunk of body or slightly farther forward.
- Tuck feet slightly under chair, heels off the ground, weight on toes and balls of feet.
- Slowly push body off of chair using arms, not legs.
- Slowly lower back down to starting position. Pause.
- Repeat 8 to 15 times.
- Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 repetitions.
The pushing motion of this exercise will strengthen your arm muscles even if you are unable to lift yourself up off of the chair. Try to use your legs and feet as little as possible for assistance.