Side Leg Raise Exercise
Strengthens muscles on sides of hips and thighs.
- Stand straight, directly behind table or chair, feet slightly apart.
- Hold onto a table or chair for balance.
- Slowly lift one leg 6-12 inches out to side. keep your back and both legs straight. Don't point your toes outward; keep them facing forward.
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Slowly lower leg. Pause.
- Repeat with other leg.
- Alternate legs until you have done 8 to 15 repetitions with each leg.
- Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 alternating repetitions.
Add ankle weights when you are ready.