Knee Extension Exercise
Strengthens muscles in front of thigh and shin.
- Sit in chair. Only the balls of your feet and your toes should rest on the floor. Put rolled towel under knees, if needed, to lift your feet. Rest your hands on your thighs or on the sides of the chair.
- Slowly extend one leg in front of you as straight as possible.
- Flex foot to point toes toward head.
- Hold position for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Slowly lower leg back down. Pause.
- Repeat with other leg.
- Alternate legs until you have done 8 to 15 repetitions with each leg.
- Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 alternating repetitions.
Add ankle weights when you are ready.